A4 VAG Errors relating to Coolant Sensor

royster

Reaction score
Found these errors on my car. Can anyone suggest what part/s may be faulty?

Control Module Part Number: 8E0 906 018 B
Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0003
Software Coding: 11501
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
Additional Info: WAUZZZ8EZ1A028461 AUZ6Z0A0014038
2 Faults Found:
17698 - Coolant Temp Sensor at Radiator Outlet (G83): Signal too Small
P1290 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17704 - Error in Mapped Cooling System (usually temp Sensor or Thermostat)
P1296 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

i have also noticed that my water level is going down slowly so I may have a leak somewhere. The car smells rich at first starting but seems normal once warmed up.

Thanks for the reply. Yesterday evening I did spot a leak coming from somewhere at the rear of the engine. Drops of water were seen droping on an area which looks to be below the coolant sensor so perhaps the sensor is faulty and leaking?

Could it possibly be the coolant flange leaking?

Do I have to replace the radiator sensor as well as that was being reported too?

I will need to try and make space at the back so I can look down and see whats going on I think.

Jack the front of the car if you can and see where its dripping down. It's easier to see up from underneath than it is looking down into the engine bay. Have you noticed if your coolant has been going down at all?

Yes I have recently noticed my coolant tank going down slowly each week. Getting under the car will be a bit difficult at the moment so if I can not find anything from the top then it looks like I will have to take it to a garage and get them look at it.

I can not see anything wrong or leaking from the rad so I believe it must be coming from the area behind the cam cover. If its dry over the weekend I intend to try and move the cables and get a better look down there.