The most basic question, in the world, ever

njfuller

Reaction score
Hi all, Audi A4, 1994, N Reg, 1.8 Petrol.

I have Vag Com 311 (registered).

My car is a little old, and a little mad. It keeps flashing an ABS error, when there is no error at all with the ABS. I have run a scan on VAG Com and it finds an ABS Solenoid Fault - all I want VAG COM to do, is stop the car from reporting the error (so I can have my display screen back without a big (!) in the middle of it) - but, being a muppet, I can't work out how to get VAG COM to tell the car to stop reporting the error.

I would greatly greatly appreciated some advice, as I suspect everyone who reads this will role their eyes at the simplicity of the answer -:think:

Please help! My email is nathanjfuller@ntlworld.com - I will be checking the forum, but if for any reason email is easier - you have it.

Thank you in advance

N

you just need to do clear the fault code, if this isn't working then there may actually be a fault!

the only way to stop flashing an ABS error is to fix the problem, there is no way to tell your car to turn a blind eye sorry, hope this helps

Richy

1st of all my advice is to not post your personal email address up on a thread for your own sanity, use PM for that fella, trust me, 2nd it wont go away until you clear the fault, thats what its designed for, you can clear the code but it will come back just the same & if we were able to turn of faults left right centre it would be considerably dangerous, so get the abs controller checked out or replaced & system reset, yes expensive but for your safety it needs rectifying asap & also insurance wise if they knew(which is almost impossible) that you had ignored the fault & this caused an accident imagine the ***** that comes after that fella, just being honest & realistic so dont knock me