JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status

00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154)

i have just done a scan on my girlfriends Tdi 130 mk iv golf because the airbag light keeps staying on. I get the error code 00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter Passenger Side (N154) . What exactly is the seat belt tensioner?? I was under the inpression it was a device under the seat that snaps the seat belt tight in the event of a crash. i have the R32 seats in the golf but when looking at the seat belts on them they dont seem to have any wires or anything electrical on them and dont look like they would pull tight in a crash. Anybody shed any light on the scene? Thanks in advance.
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Just Looking

Status
    It's possible the seats haven't been wired correctly. IIRC the R32 seats have different plugs.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Giac Extreme+!! Lovin it

Status
    Hi Stu the plugs all fitted in the same pal but still get the error,just been looking further into this problem and it seems it maybe the actual seat belt that is the problem and nothing to do with the wires under the seat,i also had to change the seat belts when i changed all the interior from cream to the r32 trim obviously because of the colour do you think it might have something to do with this?
    07 Suzuka Grey S3, Giac Extreme plus map, Autotech HPFP, VF Engineering CAI, 18" black rims,factory tints,fbmfsw,Mk 2 RNS-E,CH-LH lights.puddle lights,Bose,Shark fin, Lamin x lights & Fogs.Full TBE miltek, 09 White DIS,Buckets,LED conversion,TPMS.

Just Looking

Status
    Can you post up the full code so we can see what we have.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

6th Gear

Status
    I thought that the seat belt pre-tensioner is attached to the actual reel end of the belt and pulls the belt tight in the event of an impact.

So behind the B pillar lower trim.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN