VAG COM question

Perplexer

Reaction score
My 2002 S3 shipped new without heated mirrors (yeah I know...).

The cables are there for heated mirrors, new glass has been installed with heated elements, and they are connected. But they do not work having tried front demister, rear demister, centre position of mirror adjuster etc. there is power to the fuse but not to the wires. All tests done at near zero degrees C.

Someone mentioned that it may need to be coded to enable them.

Can VAG COM enable the mirrors? If so how?

Any help appreciated.

Have you as already advised traced the wires from the doors all the way through???

Have you as already advised traced the wires from the doors all the way through???

The wire tracing will happen at the weekend when I have enough light as i do not have a garage. I am just trying to cover as much ground as possible before then.

Where can I get a wiring diagram? Haynes Manual?

I managed to get around to looking at the wiring in the car relating to my heated mirrors. After obtain a Elsawin wiring diagram I located where the wiring ran in the car. The mirrors were wired from the mirrors to the A pillars but nothing from the main part of the car.

Once I knew what was easy enough to run cable for power from the right fuse. It works a treat so thanks for the heads up about the wiring :)

Its rubbish how have the wiring is there and the power isn't.