Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Administrator

Status

Adjusting time-delay on leaving/coming-home lights...

Hi folks,

Just a quick one - My works' car is a Mk5 Golf (estate - so a Jetta really); and this is the second one I've had - the first had a more comprehensive DIS setup, which allowed you to set options for all kinds of things via the stalk (incuding the time-out for the lights); this one however isn't quite so easily configurable. Leaving/Coming-home lights are activated on it, but I was wondering if there's any way of adjusting the delay using VCDS?

I've had a look at the long coding for Central Electrics and Convenience but can't see anything that looks like it's the charm...

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

2. # ADS
    ADS

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FactionOne View Post
    Hi folks,

Just a quick one - My works' car is a Mk5 Golf (estate - so a Jetta really); and this is the second one I've had - the first had a more comprehensive DIS setup, which allowed you to set options for all kinds of things via the stalk (incuding the time-out for the lights); this one however isn't quite so easily configurable. Leaving/Coming-home lights are activated on it, but I was wondering if there's any way of adjusting the delay using VCDS?

I've had a look at the long coding for Central Electrics and Convenience but can't see anything that looks like it's the charm...

Regards,

Rob.
    You can't do it in coding, only adaptation. Don't know where though but as you go through the list you'll find it.
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

4th Gear

Status
    its in central electrics
    adaption 1 = coming home stay on time 0-120 secs (i think in steps of 10 or 20)
    adaption 2 = leaving home (stay on before you close the door to drive off) again 0-120 secs
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

Administrator

Status
    Doh! I should've had a look in adaption for Central Electrics - I had actually looked through the channels for Central Convenience but didn't think to check the other!

Thanks for your help chaps

As soon as there's a break in the rain I'll head outside to have a play with it!

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Administrator

Status
    Thanks again guys... Just been out and now I have 30 seconds coming-home, 60 seconds leaving-home

Regards,

Rob.