disable the immobiliser

ALPINE

Yes its diesel, now cry u lost
Reaction score
ok b4 you think im a chav trying to steal a car i will explane. lol!!

my new car alarm arrives tomorrow and it has a remote start feature. basicly all i want to know is, can i disable the immo using vag-com so the remote start will work. the new alarm comes with a immo so the car will still be protected!

how would i do it using vag-com if it could be done??

many thanks.

maybe pming me with the answer is an idea incase there are some theiving little sh1ts reading!! lol

Don't think that is possible.

I replied in your thread in general.

Usual way is to mount the transponder chip from a key near the reading coil (ignition switch).

Also at one point Revo was offering ECU code that bypasses the Immobiliser, for Engine transplants etc.

Be aware though both of these methods would bypass the Audi security, so you need to be sure that this new alarm is secure enough and check / inform your insurance company.

Regards,

Paul

cheers for your reply paul.... i think the fitting of the transponder chip some where in dash is my best hope. im only going to revo if i have 400 odd quid in my back burner and shes gettin mapped!! lol

thanks

you can electrically disable the immobilizer in the ecu - though not with vag-com..

there are various tools that can do it, vag k+can being one of them that works through the obd port