retro fitting hids

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
as per title , i am planning on retro fitting the xeons to a 53 a3 2.0 tdi
are there any vag com settings that i will need to change ?

Are you thinking of a HID upgrade kit or actual xenon headlights?

I fitted HID's to mine and they worked straight away with no need for vag-com. Also read a post earlier today from a user who fitted xenon headlights and they also worked from the off.

hi , thanks for reply
genuine audi hid headlights and genuine ballasts etc .
so it sounds promising , thanks for your help

fitted the hids today
showing bulb failure warning , even though both hids work
any ideas ?

just to stop the critics

i have used audi hid headlights
audi ballasts and phillips oem bulbs
I have also fitted my range control motors into the hid headlight so i have manual control of height should the need arise
i wash car regularly and if i dont i make sure the lights are clean front and back , so no need for headlight wash
not wishing to enter into an argument over any of the above
there fitted and they are staying

Sorry probably just me being dense again - do you mean you have fitted an HID upgrade kit or complete OEM xenon headlights?

I have HID's and just electric levelling and no washers too and I'm not bothered, but I think the point h5djr was making was that technically in doing so the car is illegal. I have no intention of changing and as long as the lights are adjusted correctly there is no problem. But its good to be aware of these things!

Have you had them properly adjusted since you fitted them?

it was not ment as a dig at anyone and all the technicalitys are understood , after all every post i have searched contains the same link from various people , but thanks anyway

as far as my hid head lights are concered , yes they are complete audi oem headlights , minus the range control and washer system

only roughly aligned , getting final adjustment tuesday morning , not planning on driving at night untill after then

have you coded the car properly - you may get motor adjuster failure notices which show on the dis as bulb failures

no have only done a scan
how do i check for correct coding

as far as my hid head lights are concered , yes they are complete audi oem headlights , minus the range control and washer system

Nice! Where did you get them from and what sort of cost where they if you don't mind me asking? And any joy with the bulb warning?

have had the n/s for about 6 months purchased from e bay , kept waiting for the o/s to turn up .
used part search breaker link web site who located the o/s headlight
all in they have come in around the £200 mark , not too bad for oem