A4 B6 Air-Con Blower Troubles

wallacr

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else experience any problems with the blowers on their air-con? The temperature part works fine, but the fans/blowers don't on mine. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. Also, sometimes if I turn it off and back on a few time they start to work, but not always.

Vag-com give me the below codes, but after looking it up on the ross-tech site I'm not sure how to tell which part is at fault.

Thursday,15,May,2008,21:52:30:56680
VCDS Version: Beta 803.4

Address 08: Auto HVAC
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 820 043
Component and/or Version: A4 Klimaautomat 0711
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
2 Faults Found:

01273 - Fresh Air Blower (V2)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
01273 - Fresh Air Blower (V2)
29-00 - Short to Ground

Any advice would be gratefully received :)

Cheers,

Rich

Just in case anyone else comes across this, it turns out that I needed a new control module that was actually part of the motor. But after replacing it, I had to re-gas the system as it was no longer blowing cold and then after that I now have another error:

Saturday,24,May,2008,10:01:32:56680
VCDS Version: Beta 803.4
Address 08: Auto HVAC
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 820 043
Component and/or Version: A4 Klimaautomat 0711
Software Coding: 00000
Work Shop Code: WSC 63351
1 Fault Found:
01232 - A/C Compressor Regulator Valve (N280)
30-00 - Open or Short to Plus

I'm hoping it's just a valve that needs replacing, but it's booked in to a garage on Friday, as I have no idea where this valve is.

Rich

Hi,rich
i have the same problem on my a3 8p model and after doing another auto scan i find that i have the same fault code as you, mine at the moment does not blow cold any more, just hot air when it is on low and maximum fan it is booked in on thurs so i hope that is all that is wrong with it.
Andy,

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear that you are having the same problems, it's annoying the hell out of me. Hope you get it sorted on Thurs and hopefully I'll get mine sorted on Fri too. Let me know how you get on.

Rich

Rich,

just an update, car in today and have been advised that it is the compressor that is faulty. Approx £700 to replace have written to audi customer services this is crap from a car that is only 4 months out of warranty!!! let me know how you get on tomorrow and i will keep you informed on progress.

Andy

Rich,

just an update, car in today and have been advised that it is the compressor that is faulty. Approx £700 to replace have written to audi customer services this is crap from a car that is only 4 months out of warranty!!! let me know how you get on tomorrow and i will keep you informed on progress.

Andy

******, that isn't good mate... I was hoping you'd come back and say it was something simple. Did you take out an extended warranty or anything?

I'll let you know how it goes with mine tomorrow, although I suspect it will be the same answer. If it is that, I hope my extended warranty will cover it.

Rich

Hi Andy,

It turns out I need a new compressor too, I didn't enquire too much about the cost straight away as I needed to get to an appointment, but it's a bit of a pain.

Apparently the regulator valve is part of the compressor and therefore I need a new compressor.

I'll look into getting it replaced next week sometime.

Rich

Well I finally went to get the compressor replaced, but when they took it off they noticed that some wires that weren't easily noticable, were actually corroded, so they just sorted them for me and now it's working perfectly.

Worth checking if anyone else experiences the same problem/error.

Rich