Headlight Aim

S3DBW

Reaction score
Is there a setting in vag-com that allows adjustment of the headlight aim for continental driving?

Thanks

Is there a setting in vag-com that allows adjustment of the headlight aim for continental driving?

According to Ross-Tech - Yes. I emailed them earlier in the week to check if that was possible on my 8P A3 and they confirmed it was.

I had mine done by my dealer for free last year but it would be nice to be able to do myself as well as some other possible minor changes.

So today I have just ordered a cable from Ross-Tech in the States. I decided to go for the slightly cheaper Micro-CAN interface cable which is perfectly OK with the 8P A3 but not most other Audis. This cable cost me $249.00 with shipping at $42.45. So a total of $291.45 which is around £146.00. I may have to pay VAT etc when it's delivered, but I have ordered other items from the US recently and have not had to pay anything at all.

I let you know how I get on. I should be able to sit and change my headlamps whilst I'm on the shuttle!!

Thanks for the reply, I would be very grateful if you could forward the information once you recieve from Ross Tech.

regards

Whilst we are talking about resetting the Bi-Xenon headlights on an 8P A3, from UK to European driving, does anyone already the codes that have to be changed.
Thanks.

Well I've now received my cable from Ross-Tech in the States. This afternoon I connected it up to the car and did a full Auto-Scan and everything seems to be OK.

All I need need is to know how to recode my Bi-Xenon headlights for continental use. Has anyone done this or know how it's done?

Post the auto-scan, or at least the info from the headlight module please.

Here is the auto-scan for the headlight module - (#55)

Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 8P0-907-357.LBL
Part No: 8P0 907 357 F
Component: Dynamische LWR H02 0010
Coding: 0000012
Shop #: WSC 06314

No fault code found.

Thanks very much. I will be monitoring Audi-Sport.net, Tyresmoke and VWAudi Forum so please reply on which ever is best for you.

8P0 907 357 F

Hmm, not sure that this module supports a "Tourist Solution". You may want to try some of the coding options to see if any of them drop the aim of the lamps a bit.

The 4F0-910-357 modules (which I think comes on cars equipped with Bi-Xenons) does support a a 'Tourist Solution' in Adaptation Channel 10: 0=Disabled (normal), 1=Enabled (use when driving on the opposite side of the road from your home country).

EDIT/UPDATE: It seems your module DOES support it in Adaptation channel 10.

-Uwe-

My A3 does have Bi-Xenon headlights. Certainly last June my Audi dealer sorted my lights for European Driving by connecting it up to their VAG5051 computer system. When they had done it, a reminder came up on the DIS display to have them changed back when I came home, which obvious I did with a further journey to the dealer.

Perhaps now I will be able to do whilst sitting in my car on the Shuttle train going through the Tunnel between England and France. I will, of course, try it well beforehand to make sure it works OK.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

As stated in the EDIT/UPDATE above, your particular module does support it. However, some of the earlier variants of the 8P0-907-357 module did not.

So yes, you can do it while sitting in the car on the train.

-Uwe-

Well I tried the headlight convert this afternoon and I think it works. Why I say I only think it works is because when I changed the setting in control module 55 channel 10 from 0 to 1 my xenons did go down slightly. Nothing came up in the information balloons about 'Tourist Option' or anything else. The screen just stayed blank when I selected channel 10.

Why I am not completely sure is that, when it was done by my dealer last year using their VAS5051 kit, a message came up on my DIS every time I switched on to remind me to change them back. No message at all when I change using VAG-COM.

Sure you successfully saved the new value?

There are 2 ways to get the tourist solution done, the old way is to flip a switch in each of the headlights doing basically what the new solution does software wise, setting the headlights higher/lower as standard. Problem is, I can't tell you from experience how this should behave, but based on the documents what you should see is at least a the light control warning lamp to be active for a short time as well as a fault code 02988 being stored.

Hello again Sebastian

Yes your right. When I change the channel 10 from '0' to '1' a yellow headlamp range symbol comes up in the DIS display. When I look into the fault codes it shows 02988 - Left/Right-Hand Traffic Switchover Active.

So everything is working OK. Thanks very much for all your help.