HELP!!!

Nickynibbles

Damn it where's 7th gear when you need it?!
Reaction score
Just fitted cruise control tonight with no bother at all. Trouble has arisen whilst trying to do the vagcom coding. When I enter to recode the steering module or engine module it wont save the changes after pressing "do it". I have a fully registered copy of vagcom but a cable bought through ebay, have never come across anyone anywhere saying this shouldnt allow me to make changes but could this be the problem? Any suggestions what could be the problem?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I know there are quite a few things that you can't do with a non Ross-Tech cable, so it could be that. Do you know anyone with a genuine one to try?

If you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff, I could lend you one.

Rich

wallacr said:
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I know there are quite a few things that you can't do with a non Ross-Tech cable, so it could be that. Do you know anyone with a genuine one to try?

If you're anywhere near Chepstow or Cardiff, I could lend you one.

Rich

A little far away unfortunately but appreciate the offer! Just spoken to someone on tyresmoke.net who's done this and they have a ebay cable too and had no problems so can rule out the cable as the issue here! Just lost for ideas!

Sorry mate, wasn't sure where you were, but just noticed and yeah, bit too far ;-)

Other than the cable, which has now been ruled out, I'm not sure sorry.

It may be worth looking at www.navplus.us they are primarily for the sat nav stuff, but I've seen some pretty in depth none sat nav topics discussed in the Other forum.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Rich

Right, figured out whats up! I need to "login" before I can store the new code! Trouble is I have no idea what the login is meant to be to activate the cruise control in the steering module! Now im stuck again!!

Right, figured out whats up! I need to "login" before I can store the new code! Trouble is I have no idea what the login is meant to be to activate the cruise control in the steering module! Now im stuck again!!

Thanks again but my issue is the opposite of that blokes! I can do the engine code login that he couldnt do, and I cant do the steering controller login that he could, plus the login code he stated dosent work on my car cos they're different on 4 & 6cyl cars, ****** Audi making it difficult!!!

I'm not aware of any steering controller that requires a login to be coded. A complete Auto-Scan so we can see exactly what control modules are installed in the car and how the are presently coded and such.

-Uwe-

I've found the problem! Audi bless their cotton socks lied about the steering controller in my car & I still need to change this over to one that allows the cruise control function! Pain the in butt as i've got to wait for the new part to arrive & then take the steering column apart again!! It wont take long to strip apart again as I know this time exactly what to remove from where to strip it apart. Im happy the cable & vagcom is working ok though as I managed to adjust some coding in other modules without any fuss.

Glad you found out what was causing the problems for you, just a shame you have to wait for the part.