Chris NottSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

CAN gateway long coding 9 byte help

I've retrofitted an RNS-E. I've VAGCOMed the RNS-E itself and the telephone module, but am struggling to code the CAN gateway to add navigation.

The car is a September 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 140. When I go to CAN Gateway/ 7 Coding it is long coding and is currently

E9 80 7F 0E 10 06 02 21 03

I was originally using VAGCOM 704 and when I tried the long coding helper I got the error "19-1K0-907-530-9 byte label file not found".

I have now downloaded the 711 beta and don't get any errors, but neither do I get any labels come up in the long code helper, so I'm having to work blind.

Does anyone know why I'm not getting the labels displayed in the long coding helper and what code I should change to to add navigation please?
    A3 Sportback Sport 2.0 TDI 140 Mauritius Blue, Black/Grey matrix, GSM prep in armrest, MFSW, 17" 16 spoke wheels, Acoustic Parking rear, Cruise, Non-smoking pack, Symphony II+

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Use the intallation list in V711

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s8craig
    Use the intallation list in V711
    Sorry Craig, I don't understand what that means. I am using V711 but don't know what you mean by installation list.
    A3 Sportback Sport 2.0 TDI 140 Mauritius Blue, Black/Grey matrix, GSM prep in armrest, MFSW, 17" 16 spoke wheels, Acoustic Parking rear, Cruise, Non-smoking pack, Symphony II+

6th Gear

Status
    When you select can gateway in V711, one of the options in "installation list" or similar.

1st Gear

Status
    Ah gotcha.

Thanks Craig, hadn't spotted that option. What an improvement - tick boxes I can understand - hex conversions take a bit longer!

1st Gear

Status
    FYI, even Release 704 has a long coding helper that should work with that model - just make sure to have the latest data version installed.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com