Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Connection issues

I seem to be having a few difficulties getting vag-com to work . I'm using an non opto cable, using v 409 of the software.

When I test the cable it come up saying " test ok, non opto cable, genuine rosstech interface" everything looks ok here

Then when I connect the cable to the car, I get a message saying "interface not found"

The annoying thing is, that the first ime I tried it, everything worked beautifully! It was only after about 10mins of messing around with the software it all went wrong. Last thing I accessed was the "sound system" tab, after that it crashed and has never recovered.

I have tried it on another laptop, still no joy. Not got access to another car or cable, so not sure where to go next?

Any ideas out there??

Thanks
    James

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Oh, I forgot to mention. The blue light on the connector housing is on.

1st Gear

Status
    Doesn't make sense, we never sold "genuine ross-tech interfaces" with blue LED's.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com

4th Gear

Status
    You got a cheap ebay dumb dongle they wont read all modules , i done the same and in the process of buying genuine ross tech products
    99 Nogaro S4 now black bonnet and roof,blackdiamond discs and pads,Hybrid K04 with uprated actuators ,Rs4 clutch custom lightweight flywheel, esp lightweight pulley set ,Rs4 intake pipes ,rs4 mounts ,full samco hose set,F-hose delete ,BMC carbon induction, full stainless exhaust with de cat pipes, custom chip,18"ultra lights,LED rear clusters,6000k xenons ,LED sides,KW coilovers,powerflex bushes ,Boost guage in pillar pod,isotta steering wheel and gearknob,B&M short shifter

6th Gear

Status
    PM sent
    Urq RR
    S2 Coupe...RS2 +
    S2 Avant (slipper wagon spec)
    A4 AVANT TDI

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-head
    PM sent
    Sounds like calling somebody about having sent him an email, but seriously why not telling what you have to say right here instead of being mysterious?
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    Doesn't make sense, we never sold "genuine ross-tech interfaces" with blue LED's.
    Ok, thanks. But it's what your software said, not me!

Be it a genuine interface or not, I would need to buy the licensed version from you anyway, as I need some of the funcationality of the full version. However, I would like to get the shareware version working first as you keep mentioning on your website that you offer no refunds!

Why would I buy something that might not work, and not be able to get refunds on??

Thanks