Connection issues

joshxs

Reaction score
I seem to be having a few difficulties getting vag-com to work :(. I'm using an non opto cable, using v 409 of the software.

When I test the cable it come up saying " test ok, non opto cable, genuine rosstech interface" everything looks ok here

Then when I connect the cable to the car, I get a message saying "interface not found"

The annoying thing is, that the first ime I tried it, everything worked beautifully! It was only after about 10mins of messing around with the software it all went wrong. Last thing I accessed was the "sound system" tab, after that it crashed and has never recovered.

I have tried it on another laptop, still no joy. Not got access to another car or cable, so not sure where to go next?

Any ideas out there??

Thanks
James

Oh, I forgot to mention. The blue light on the connector housing is on.

You got a cheap ebay dumb dongle they wont read all modules , i done the same and in the process of buying genuine ross tech products

Sebastian said:
Doesn't make sense, we never sold "genuine ross-tech interfaces" with blue LED's.

Ok, thanks. But it's what your software said, not me!

Be it a genuine interface or not, I would need to buy the licensed version from you anyway, as I need some of the funcationality of the full version. However, I would like to get the shareware version working first as you keep mentioning on your website that you offer no refunds!

Why would I buy something that might not work, and not be able to get refunds on??

Thanks