INFO ON S3

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
If i go into central convenince and add 1152 will it activate alarm/beep/windows via remote?

AUDI S3 2001 (8L)

i have no idea,the car is arriving tomorrow and the guy asked if i could sort this out for him.

Hi...

There is no central convenience in the 8L model of the A3/S3. How have you managed to do this?

I wanted my alarm to beep on lock/unlock and also ant-hi-jack above 20mph.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me??

many thanks

G

Its on central locking [35] i believe

Easy onced logged into it it should popup with the possible changes. Its easy peasy

Just write down your original coding number so if you mess up you can go back to this

Read the ross-tech wiki and the ross tech manual

Hi....

add the vaule of 1024 to the value you see already there in vagcom. mine was 1163, i think, couldn't quite read the screen properly as a technician was doing it. So in plain english, login to chanel 35 - Central Locks, add the value 1024 to whatever your code happens to be.

1024+xxx=

:)

Hi....

add the vaule of 1024 to the value you see already there in vagcom. mine was 1163, i think, couldn't quite read the screen properly as a technician was doing it. So in plain english, login to chanel 35 - Central Locks, add the value 1024 to whatever your code happens to be.

1024+xxx=

:)

and then what does that activate when you do this? horns? anti-hijack? etc? all of them at the same time?

This as far as i know, only activates a beep when you depress the button to lock the car. So unlock remains as it was with no beep. Lock will have a single beep when you enable this in Vagcom on your car.

I will find out how to enable anti-hijack! :)

Thanks Mr.G! Do you know if the above program will work on a 01 S3 8L at all? Or is best to use VAG-COM?

If it were me i'd use VagCom for the fear of inputting the wrong code and messing something up. But by all means try it, make sure you write down the value of all codes you change before you make your alterations. So if it does mess up, you can change them back to the default values.

Anyone used this on there S3 with success?

Obv you have to have your USB VAG-COM plugged in, how does it detect it? Does VAG-COM need to be running at the same time?

Cheers

(All I want to do is turn the beep on when I lock my car!) Have VAG-COM...

Yes - this worked ok on mine:rock:

Guys worked on mine (adding 1024 to my coding and it worked a treat!)

Tried to do it to my friends 2000 Pre-facelift S3 and it didn't work?! His coding originaly was 15211 which we changed to 16235 and it didn't work :( Anyone got any ideas why?

Thanks!

check your car and see what coding is stored now,then see if it matches your friend code (16235) if it does then i dont know what the problem could be.....BUT if it dont change your friend coding to the same as yours !

check your car and see what coding is stored now,then see if it matches your friend code (16235) if it does then i dont know what the problem could be.....BUT if it dont change your friend coding to the same as yours !

Hmm strange, well mine was 15178 and we changed it to 16202 and it worked fine! What a shame, he's gutted.

Could it be you can't have the beep function on a pre-facelift S3? (due to different ecu maybe?)

Hey Fran

Uhhhh strange one this isn't it. There MUST be a difference in the software/ECU coding on the Pre-Facelift A3/S3 then. Unless the code that your friend has currently is wrong in the first place.

E-mail Ross Tech to ask if there are fundamental differences between the two. This is the quickest way of telling.

They would possibly give you instructions on how to do the changes. If you've purchased the Vag Com from them that is!

G

ok, so i connected up with vag com, but it says it cant find a controller for central convenience! i tried central locking (35) my code was 01236, so i added 1024 and all it did was show up that my 2 door where open on the dash!!! was able to change it back ok tho. any thoughts?