Newest Vag Com

andybnwc

Reaction score
Hi im running 409 with a dumb dongle from ebay will the full version work all modules with this lead or will i have to buy genuine?
Also is there anyother way of getting full vag com without paying full price ie second hand etc

Also my dongle is usb because my laptop dont have serial is there any other options i can use
thanks

You do not have a dongle interface. You have an aftermarket interface that runs older versions of the software. No, an ebay cable will not run the latest versions of VAG-COM. You need the genuine product.

and how many threads will we have to answer this in?

Ok thanks for that ,what about the serial port problem whats the cheapest option to go about this?
thanks

Why not email microsoft or post on a microsoft tech forum asking them the best way to pirate windows?
Or maybe email Adobe asking them the best way to crack photoshop.

A4Quattro said:
Why not email microsoft or post on a microsoft tech forum asking them the best way to pirate windows?
Or maybe email Adobe asking them the best way to crack photoshop.

Good idea no i ment to rent or borrow for some beer moneys etc

The latest full release is 704.1, and there's already a beta 710 release that works on the new A5/S5. That's why it's worth spending the money on a genuine Ross-Tech lead - you get real good support!

I have a genuine lead, only used it 2-3 times, but I wont part with it even though I don't have an Audi anymore, I may get another and if Ross-tech's development continues, it may eventually work with other Marques.

Sold !!! gonna get the genuine stuff from ross tech but still got my problem with laptop not having a serial port any ideas?

I think the $129 he is referring to is the cost of the PCMCIA to serial adaptor in the link you posted above.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but the way I understand the above posts is that the laptop doesn't have serial but does have USB. If this is the case then just buy a USB version of the cable? I don't quite see what the problem is here?

Yes, if your computer does not have serial port but does have a USB port you will be fine with one of our USB interfaces. The idea of the PCMCIA<>RS232 card is for those who explicitly want/need a serial port, this doesn't apply to the average user. Making sense now?

FWIW; regarding your Audi A3 (8P) your choice will either be a Micro-CAN (USB only) or a HEX-USB+CAN.

Yeh makes sense i seen the first link see , the only other thing is i have some other software for flash tuning and others which also search for com port but might just forget about that and concentrate on the vag com for now , thankyou for your help

If you really want to run the other items, then the Quatech card and serial interface from Ross-Tech might make sense. Maybe you could find another PCMCIA card that will give you a true serial port for your laptop. Ross-Tech recommends the Quatech card because we have tested it thoroughly on finicky modules in some VWs. That is our basis for recommending it as we want it to work with all modules. You may have luck with a less expensive one.

i am getting tired of this ross tech people popping up in every audi forum and complaining about 3rd party interfaces and other stuff and only helping folks with the genuin article this is fair enough but only in your ross tech forums not this kind of forums. And one more thing Ross tech DID NOT INVENT THE INTERFACE only the program vag-com (thank you) i payed for the program and use a 3rd party usb cable and are happy with it, the car havent gone up in flames or suffered brain damage or anything else ross tech warns you about!
Remember this ross tech. people like me are your best customers we pay for your brainchild be a little greatfull!!:angrymod:

i get fed up with people who join this forum and on their first post bash another member and not contribute in a sensible, reasonable way.

unless you have registered twice using an alias because you don't want your real identity to be known?