Active remote key

the_knok

Reaction score
Hi all
In a audi A3 97, can i active a remote key with vag-com. This car never had a remote. Can it be done?

Thanks...

From what I have read no, you have to take it to Audi.
You can get it to open the doors but you don't use vag com. Search the threads and there is instructions on how to do it

not sure if i understand the question.

you don't have a remote key so you want to buy one and match it to the car?

or

the car doesn't have the remote locking facility and you'de like to install it?

shineydave said:
not sure if i understand the question.

you don't have a remote key so you want to buy one and match it to the car?

or

the car doesn't have the remote locking facility and you'de like to install it?

Hi again

The car never had the remote. My question is if it is possible to install a remote to it. Or do i have to by/install a KIT design for that.
(sorry for the bad english):wacko:

Thanks

If you want to use the genuine Audi flip key type remote, check the part number on your central locking pump (located in the boot wall)

It should be a twin outlet 8L0 type pump.

If the suffix letter is higher than 'A' (8L0862257 'G' for example) you have the RF receiver in the pump, and can use a flip key.

If you have an 8L0862257 'A' pump, you will have to swap it for a higher suffix version.

Then purchase the correct remote for your car, and sync it to the car.

If your car only came with central locking on the key (no remote locking) you will have to use vag-com or similar to activate 'Keyless entry' in you central locking module.

If you have an immobiliser, you can get the 'static code' capsule in one of your main keys cloned, or sabotage an old master key and swap the immob capsule (key end of remote)

The Audi system has poor range, and it is more economical to purchase one of the flip key 'keyless entry' kits from ebay.

They generally have far superior range than the OEM remote, give full closure and activate the alarm.

I retro-fitted the Audi flip key 'remote locking' system into my 97 A4, but am now using an aftermarket remote system.

could you tell me how i could "activate 'Keyless entry' " in my central locking module?:keule: