key programming

a4singh

Reaction score
hey guys, ive got one of those flip keys, had the blade cut, but need it programmed to the immobilser. anybody know if it can be done thru vagcom? or does anybody know how to do it and can do it for me (for the right price obviously) or any other help whatsoever?

thanks.

i have the code, its a 7 digit number. i have the key tag that comes new with the car. ill take a look at that link you sent. do i need a full version of vag com?

sorry for my ignorance, but i am not up to scratch with using vagcom...

sorry, this may seem obvious, but which set of instructions do i use? there is either "Procedure for matching keys to vehicles with Immobilizer in the Instrument Cluster:" or "Procedure for adding keys to vehicles with separate Immobilizer:"

thanks again mate

That your car pictured the b5? if so you have the separate immobiliser.

Can someone please clarify. I have a 2.5TDi A6 2003 (UK model). I have the original 7 digit SKC ( comprised of one letter and 6 numbers) on the plastic whatsit from when the car was originally delivered (not to me though). Do I need any more information to code a new key and remote to the car using Vag-Com? Many thanks

I have SKC/PIN, but not the date on which the SKC/PIN was generated by the dealer or the Workshop Code. (WSC) or the Importer number of the dealer that generated the code. How do I go about getting these?

I bought my car via a friend, he doesnt have the spare key, didnt get one when he got it as he got it second hand, the dealer (not official audi) dont have the key nor can I find any tags that give the information for reprogramming the keys, is there any way to read it without paying audi 150+ vat :( its an a3 1.8t 2000 pre facelift

mobymaster said:
I bought my car via a friend, he doesnt have the spare key, didnt get one when he got it as he got it second hand, the dealer (not official audi) dont have the key nor can I find any tags that give the information for reprogramming the keys, is there any way to read it without paying audi 150+ vat :( its an a3 1.8t 2000 pre facelift

No, dealer only job now im affraid.