Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: Getting Vagcom

Neutral

Status

Question Getting Vagcom

Hi All,

I have just bought a RNS-E system to fit my 2002 A4. I need Vagcom to make changes such as Tyre size lhd/rhd etc.. Plus it would be useful for future use!

I'm a little confused as where to get Vagcom from. Can i just down load the shareware from Ross-Tech and then buy a cable off ebay and it will all work. Or is there more to it then this???

Please help

Pal

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Can i just down load the shareware from Ross-Tech and then buy a cable off ebay and it will all work.
    That would be the least expensive way, but it can be frustating. The people who sell interfaces on eBay aren't know for providing much support. The other thing you need to factor into your calculations is the cost of a license -- the free shareware likely won't do everything you need.

The alternative is to buy an interface from the people who write the software (or one of their resellers in the UK). These come with full support and include the license for the software -- and unlike the eBay jobs, work with the latest version of VAG-COM.

-Uwe-

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe@Ross-Tech
    That would be the least expensive way, but it can be frustating. The people who sell interfaces on eBay aren't know for providing much support. The other thing you need to factor into your calculations is the cost of a license -- the free shareware likely won't do everything you need.

The alternative is to buy an interface from the people who write the software (or one of their resellers in the UK). These come with full support and include the license for the software -- and unlike the eBay jobs, work with the latest version of VAG-COM.

-Uwe-
    Thought as much..
    Thanks Mate !

Reverse Gear

Status
    If you'r planning to stay with Audi/VW group cars in the future then the genuine VagCom lead is future proof and a real investment. UK stockists are listed on the Ross Tech web site - I got mine from Gendan and they are highly recommended - see link
    http://www.gendan.co.uk/vag_diagnostics.php

Cheers Spike

Neutral

Status
    All i really want it for now is to make the changes to enable the RNS-E system from Symphony II..

Does any one know if this can be done with the shareware version?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rashpal1
    Does any one know if this can be done with the shareware version?
    Can't, since you need to tweak some adaptation channels - this requires a fully registered version.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com