Audi S6 instrument cluster

skiquattro

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have never used vag com before, so I was looking for a little guidance... my autocheck display (1995 S6) went out and I managed to acquire a new, working cluster. How do I go about changing that over? My s6 is chipped, so I do not want to mess anything up with the ECU and such... any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Justin

In your case I don't think there is any immobilizer related stuff involved since the 1995 models used a separate module for that. So what you need to do is to copy coding and all adaptation channels from the old cluster and then make sure to enter the values in the new one. Are you using a current version of VAG-COM?

Hey Sebastian,
I'm not sure even what Vag-com stuff I will need... I just got the instrument cluster, so before I invest in the vag-com materials, i wanted to make sure its a relatively straightforward process... If, as you suggest, I don't have to deal with the immobilizer, that'd probably make life easier, make it worth investing in the vag-com. Is there a manual for vag com? Thanks!

I can't imagine that cluster having an immo integrated. C4-chassis clusters don't support any diagnostic functions except SRIs. They don't even support fault codes! Heck, it was only the last couple of years fo C4 that the clusters supported *any* diagnostic functions. They're also notoriously flaky when it comes to doing the limited diagnostics they're capable of.

-Uwe-