Abs Sensor

rodenal

Reaction score
My Abs light was coming on, so i scanned the car and it came back with an intermittent abs sensor fault, front right.

Just replaced the sensor but i'm now getting a different, intermittent fault:

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N
Control Module Part Number: 1J0 907 379
Component and/or Version: ABS ITTAE 20 GI V00
Software Coding: 03604
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435
1 Fault Found:
00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor: Front Right (G45)
04-10 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent

I cant remember what the previous code was but it was definately different. Can anybody shed any light on what the problem may be?

Rodenal,does that version of vag-com,clear abs fault code's?If not,and you want a second opinion,call round to my gaf,I live in Airdrie,and have the hex + can lead.Cheer's.

Yeah i can clear the abs light/codes with the lead i've got, thanks anyway tho mate. This has me slightly stumped, cant help but wonder whether ive maybe given the abs ring a knock or something.

No ideas at all?????
Checked wiring today all is well

I have this problem on my S3. I get the abs light on when I start up and the ESP is disabled on occassion. After it warms up though it clears most times. I took it to the jet wash and gave it a good clean and seems better but think its gonna need taken off and cleaned.
jet wash did good though.

Im fairly certain it doesnt need cleaned as i've replaced the sensor, and gave the new one a clean too.

Might be different with you'rs tho, they work on a sine wav pattern that could easily be disturbed if they got dirty, prob worthwhile cleaning the sensor directly