24co8 vag com -new dash clocks audi a4 b6 tdi

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
apparantley audi dash/speedo clocks were inrypted after september 01 which means my clocks dated 21/05/01 need to be replaced with ones with a date no later than sept 01,otherwise will not work as data is stored in different places ,first of all i have a brand new set with 0 miles on them,unfortunatley these are dated 15/12/03 (incrypted) can these be totally wiped clean,so that i can transfer data of my old unit on to them? another thing is which eeprom holds info on the fuel gauge? as these new clocks are incrypted the only way to get them work is wipe all data from them,how is the big question? any idea's?

BOSCH CLUSTER A4 TDI (B6) 2001>:keule:

Your question is totally off topic and has absolutely nothing to do with VAG-COM and diagnostics. My personal opinion about the whole mess you wrote here and elsewhere recently is that you handle the stuff much more complicated than necessary. Of course transferring the data directly might work, but why would you want that? The work necessary for that is much more complicated and expensive than a normal replacement including adaptation.

Why would i want to transfer data...?.........well.........HELLO ARE WE AWAKE?? WELL lets see maybe i want to transfer data so my new clocks work! its not expensive,i dont charge myself!:superman: so if ya cant answer the questions i ask,dont give me a lecture....move on!:puke:

You seem very experienced in the whole concept of transferring data between individual instrument clusters. Please allow me a couple of final questions now that you flamed me already...

Do you you want to "clamp" or "solder" the EEPROM?
Do you want to copy the whole EEPROM content from one to the other cluster?
If you don't want to use the complete content, do you actually know the address ranges you need to copy?
Do you know how if the software versions of the 2 clusters in question are compatible?
Have you actually done that before? Do you know anybody who has done that yet?

And now forgive me one last ironic comment...

...or did you just got an own EEPROM reader/writer for Christmas?

chill out matey!:hubbahubba: solder the eeprom. clusters are both same part numbers,its just that the data on one cluste(even though brand new) is stored in different places,im trying to transfer data off my original cluster to the new cluster,but the new one wont allow this as it has data stored in different places i.e chassis,immob code etc,etc this is why i wanted to know if data on new cluster can be wiped or put in the rite places

example original cluster= line 1 immobilizer code
line 2 chassis
and so on

all these codes on both clusters shoul be on the same lines for data to transfer but the difference is explained above,these are just some of the codes stored.(in different places)

new cluster has same codes but stored on different lines
example line 1 chassis
line 2 immobilizer code

:ermm: eeprom is not a problem. new clocks and old clocks same part numbers but have dat stored in different places!

hi mate after reading your posts on this site and other forums if im correct you are the guy whos got (def) displayed in your cluster and your fuel gauge is not working if this is correct please in touch with me i may be able to repair the defective data in your clocks and fix your fuel gauge as ive repaired these problems before on the a4 tdi clusters im not a genius but i know a little regards this matter you can pm me or email me at.im based in stoke on trent, staffordshire. ibzuk@hotmail.com

hi,got your pm,i will see you at 11-1130am thanks

WOW! just like to let everyone on here to know ibzuk@hotmail.com has sorted my audi instrument cluster out, fixed fuel gauge and no more "DEF" is displayed on my clocks,worth every penny! even the dealers couldn't do it,they just wanted to sell me a new dash panel for 412.55+v.a.t and thats not all,then they wanted 133.28+vat to reprogramme it!:mad:

All i can say is alot of thanks go's out to ibzuk, saved me alot of money!:arco: :rockwoot: :rock: