Daytime running lights.

Dandle

Reaction score
Hi I have an 8P A3 with xenon plus and daytime running lights fitted. With my DRLs active only the front inner light units light up. What im wondering is that ive seen that there are daytime running light settings in VAG-COM for north american cars and scandinavian. Do either of the also light the rear light clusters up with the DRLs on?

No, at the moment with the DRLs on the only outside lights that are lit are the two front inner light units of my xenon plus headlights with all the rear of the car having all lights off. What I want/wonder is if I can set the DRLs so that the front lights stay the same(with the xenon lights coming on when it gets dark, same as it does now with the auto lights) but I want the rear lights to be lit up all the time the DRLs are on.

I have a Volvo as well and that drives around on dipped lights(front and rear) all the time. I just want the rears of the Audi lit up if I have the DRLs on. I already have VAG-COM but wondered if anyone new the difference between American or Scandinavian DRLs without me having to try it first.

I have a second question(not related to the first). I have seen that both the rear tailgate inner lights can be lit for the fog light on setting(I think the r/h one is the default here). Do you know if I can set these to come on as sidelights(not as bright as foglights) and also work as brake(both sides)/foglight(still just the r/h one) lights.

Thanks for any help I know my explanation of things can be a little confusing:).

The north american setting only runs the headlights without anything else, the DRL's get shut off when applying the hand brake. The scandinavian setting runs the headlights and the parking lights (fron & rear) but doesn't get shut off when the hand brake is set.

Makes sense?

I have a 2004 with xenon headlights and auto function, can I turn on daytime running lights?

Hey Uwe, what lamps would actually be on in this case then?

I tried it but it turned on the foglights all the time and i'd get pulled over by the police if they were on all the time!