JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Door to lock at 10 MPH......

Guys,,

Ever since i made the little change in VAG-COM to make the doors lock at 10MPH i have come up against a little problem, Not sure if its related as yet...

((((Go into VAG-and select Central convenience module (ITEM #46).

Go to "Recode" and add 32 to the current number. Ie remove the last 2 digits and add 32. )))))

Basicly whats happening is that when i get out of the car open any door i normally pick up my things from the car, ie pasenger seat or the rear or boot lock the car before closing the door, and then when i close the door/boot the indicators would flash and the car would be locked. (that way i didnt have to get my keys out of my pocket again as i normally have my hands full!!)

now what happening is that when i open a door, press lock the indictors flash stating locked already? then when i close the door they dont flash? then all the doors are locked apart from the last door i close??. (basicly the central locking is locking the doors before the last door is closed)

Does any one know why this would occur??

Also i have noticed since making the change, if i try and open the windows or close the windows via holding you UNLOCK button on the remote this feture does not work either now???

There is not a problem with the remote as i have tried my spare key which used to work fine with these fetures all so and that does not work either...

Before you say amend it back to what it was like before, which im going to do tommrrow, (i cant see how this amendment would make a differeance to be honest)

Please advise if you have any ideas. I have not had chance to do any research as yet but thought i would put the shout out first!!

Thanks

Rickt

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Please tell us exactly what kind of car you have, the model year, the part number of your Central Locking or Central Convenience module (shown by VAG-COM as the "VAG Number" when you access it) and the current soft Coding.

-Uwe-

Neutral

Status
    Audi A4. B6..

I dont have the prevoius value to hand.. its on my laptop where VAG-COM is installed..

All i did was change the last 2 digits to 32

Cheers

RickT

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT
    Audi A4. B6..

I dont have the prevoius value to hand.. its on my laptop where VAG-COM is installed..

All i did was change the last 2 digits to 32

Cheers

RickT
    You must ADD 32 to the whole number, not changing the last 2 digits ;-)
    S3 8P '07

Neutral

Status
    its didnt allow me to... it would not take any more digits.. the only option was to remove and replace....

Cheers

RickT

1st Gear

Status
    Have you looked at this?
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html#46

Let's say for example your original coding was 11788. If you ADD 32, your new coding would be 11820.

-Uwe-

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't".

Neutral

Status
    got ya now...

Cheers for that...

Rickt.