'98 A6 Set climate control unit to basic settings

sjokolademelka

Reaction score
Hello!

After consulting an audi technician at the dealership, I was advised to set the climate back to basic settings.

So my question does anybody have the exact procedure for this with VAGCOM ?

I have access to vag com through my friend, and I have used it a couple of times prior to this, so I'm slightly familiar with how it works.
Any info would be highly appreciated :yes:

Sounds great, if I can bother him with that in addition to borrowing his cable in the first place...

Thanks though.

Anyone else done this before?

If you find out what to do via Vag-com, please let me know as my A6 could do with this happening to it :)

Thanks

Sure thing buddy!

As per now, it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot who knows about this though. I'll keep you posted to whatever I find out.

To carry out a basic setting on the air-con, first select 08 for Aircon/Heating electronics. Then select 04 Basic Settings. Then enter channel 001, and activate basic setting. Wait till all values have reached 0 and exit the basic setting. That should be it complete.

Elsa_Man said:
To carry out a basic setting on the air-con, first select 08 for Aircon/Heating electronics. Then select 04 Basic Settings. Then enter channel 001, and activate basic setting. Wait till all values have reached 0 and exit the basic setting. That should be it complete.

Excellent, gonna try this out - Thanks a bunch! :beerchug: