PDA version of VAG-Com....VAG-Check

Gambba

Reaction score
As the subject says...
VAG-Check

Vag-Com for the PDA, not developed by Vag-com, but is quite nice to use with limited functions.

interesting. As I don't have a notebook a PDA solution would be ideal, but I get the impression you then need to transfer the info to the notebook rather than run the system on the PDA. Plus you need than VAG cable and a null modem..

Did anyone try doing this on their PDA? I have just inherited one and was thinking of doing it myself.

What leads would you need, would it be the standard one that you use with vagcom?

How much are the leads?

Does anyone know if the vagcom product will be developed for pda's?

Thanks
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
kofii said:
pocket pc not palm so no use to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But there are plenty of Palm versions out there.

Does anyone use this at all? I have a PDA and was thinking of trying this out before I purchase VAGCOM from Ross-Tech but if its a load of pants and the cables cost too much then I wont bother.

A bunch of people who have compared both, but since I am obviously not a neutral observer here I am not going to share my experience. Search VWvortex for example, guess you'll find quite a few posts there which you might consider helpful in the process of making your decision.

Sebastian I'm still going to be purchasing VAGCOM from Ross-Tech at the end of this month but as I have a PDA I was wondering if it was worth using VAG Check too as the PDA can fit into my glove box a lot easier than my laptop.