alarm / central locking - no siren

sun and kath

Reaction score
My siren has not worked since i bought my car 2000 (b5)s4. if i trigger the alarm the hazzards will flash but no sound.
using my shareware VAG.com I have Software Coding: 13130 for the central locking. Does anyone know if this code has disabled the siren, if so i may by a VAG.com license and recode. If this code is ok does anyone have any suggestions where fault may be? :yes: cheers

Try changing the coding from 13130 to 14154 and let us know what happens.

You can make coding changes with the shareware.

-Uwe-

tried the new code, still no siren. Any more suggestions or does that look like a fault?:beee:

car actually registered July 1999 and I am in UK. does that make a difference to the code needed?:think:

Nah, the coding change should still apply.

Do you know if your car was equipped with an anti-theft alarm? This is a prerequiste for the beep when locking. All US models had it, many european ones did not (it was an extra cost option everywhere else).

-Uwe-

I don't know for certain if it came with an alarm. I had thought that all UK s4'S had the alarm. It does have the remote key, and flashing LED in front doors. I can set off - what i assume to be the alarm - by moving inside or by opening a door oonce activated. The hazzards flash very fast, but no sound at all. I have located the siren in the boot (trunk) side, mine is an avant. Using Vag-com i get fault codes on the module (35) to show the alarm was triggered.

Reading up I have now tried codes 15208 15212 and 16200, non of these produced the siren when i triggered what i believe to be the alarm. I also tried 03436 , this code deactivated the remote key. have now got the car on 15208 and the doors are locking at 15mph.

Does any of my ranting give any clues?:keule:
thanks

I have the same problem and have posted the same question on the forum. From what I gathered it seems that the sirens in a4/s4s are prone to failure .
When I run a fault check it says there is no communication to siren.
So you need a new siren and so do I.
But audi sirens are far too quiet to be heard, it has been said that an alarm clock would be louder than the audi siren.
Somone else said that it sounded like a mobile phone was faintly ringing in the boot!
Does anyone know of a louder type of siren that will fit audi a4s (audi siren has 3 wires) and will be good and loud?

Ok,
Today I took the 3 wires to the siren (from the central locking module) and whilst the siren was still connected, made a brake in the insulation, wired up a bulb to 2 wires, one to earth on the car and the other wire to be available to touch the wires for the siren to produce a simple circuit tester.

I found the following:
Red/ Blue wire – permanently live, whether alarm off, alarm armed ( not triggered) and alarm triggered and hazzards flashing.
Black/ yellow wire – permanently off, , whether alarm off, alarm armed or alarm triggered and hazzards flashing.
Brown wire – permanently off, I suspect this is a permanent earth?

I then took the siren off and connected direct to a 12v car battery.
Brown -to earth
I put a live to the black yellow terminal and got nothing.
I then kept Brown earthed and put a live to Red/Blue terminal and got a very quite crackle for about a second each time I made the connection.

I have not yet put a live feed to the brown terminal in case I damage a good siren – but have I got my assumption that this is earth correct?

Does anyone know what these wires are meant to do?
Is brown earth?
Should the central locking module be sending a signal along the black yellow wire to activate the siren?
What wires do I put a live and earth to on the siren , in order to make a (working)siren sound?

I still do not know if I should try any more codes via VAG-COM to module 35 , or if my central locking module is faulty (no signal to siren) or if it is my siren?

Aggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:keule:

no faults
apart from telling me what triggered the alarm (such as driver door sensor)

Having got a hold of the siren, could you measure the dc voltage across two of the terminals with a multimeter? Is it one that comes with back-up battery? If so what voltage are you getting without any load. Can't be sure what two terminals to put multimeter on to.
I had the same problem recently and found the voltage to be around the 6.8 volt mark. Answer - dud battery, new siren £80 inc vat. :arco:

Tested the terminal and found half a volt!
Have now replaced with a second habd siren and all works.
Now I know it is not a coding matter will put a post on the B5 forum re fixing these sirens. As i did have a go at opening mine up and the batteries looked replacable - but my circuit board was spoilt by leaking acid from the battery.

As far as i know the problem still isnt solved as neither I or sun & kath can locate a siren or even replacement batteries for the old siren anywhere!