Help With VAG-COM Error Mixture Adaptation

kingalA3

Reaction score
Hi guys
After recieving a coolant warning sign on the dash i plugged in VAG-COM and recieved the following error code:

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 06A 906 018 AQ
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT MOTR HS D04
Coding: 04000
Shop #: WSC 06313
1 Fault Found:
00561 - Mixture Adaptation
14-10 - Adaptation Limit (Add) Exceeded - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

Has anybody any ideas what this means or how i can rectify the problem?

Cheers

I have the same fault code, 00561 as i only have freeware i didnt know what it was.

The colour of my exhaaust suggests my car is running a bit rich, so it makes sense.

Is this a problem with the MAF?

Any help much appreciated.

I think i might have solved the problem - was looking around on google and it seemed to suggest a boost leak that was probably cause by an atmospheric dump valve that i had installed. I put the original bosch recirculating dump valve back in, cleared the error code with VAG-COM and all seems to be well!

Hi,

I hlave a non turbo version of the 1.8 and have the same error code (intermittenty) I also have an idle stability problem. The idle increases and decreases from 500rpm to 1000rpm twice or three times after revving the engine. I have done a throttle body adaption and cleaned the MAF with no improvement. The next step is to clean the throttle body and replace the thermostat (seems to be stuck open) as the car is very slow to warm up and will normally not go above 60-70 degrees. I have done some logs and the Maf reads OK (I think) at full throttle but reads a bit high at idle. The angle of the Throttle body at idle is also a bit high at idle.

Regards
Tom