ABS Fault 0 any ideas?

Tell us a little more about your car: model, year, and so on.

If the car is behaving properly, chances are this is a stored error that happened at one point and it has not returned. If on the other hand you are having issue with the ABS system, then it suggests the the supply voltage has failed or it has been too high. My guess would be that at some point, the supply dropped out - maybe due to a loose connection or a loose fuse.

-Bruce-
Ross-Tech, LLC
bruce@Ross-Tech.com

Hi. Sorry, should've said.

its a 1999 A3 1.8T Quattro. ABS light is on and does not work. Went for LPG conversion last week and this is how I got the car back. I'm guessing it's a coincidence because i doubt the lpg garage would've damaged it. Could it be a wheel sensor as the car only start bleeping when I start moving.

Thanks.

You've got a voltage issue, this has nothing to do with wheel speed sensor etc. As Bruce said, we some more details - do you have an Auto-Scan or at least please use the Copy Codes button on the fault codes screen.

Check the supply voltage to the ABS, it's possible that due to the LPG conversion they used a wire that they should not use.

Full description is

Control Module Part Number: 1J0 907 379 L
Component and/or version: ABS/EDS 20 IE CAN V006
Software coding: 13504
Work Shop Code: WSC 06435
1 fault found:
00668 - Supply Coltage Terminal 30
16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent

I'm hoping it's a cable somewhere - i've checked ABS fuse.

Will be purchasing the full vagcom software because this very useful stuff!

Sebastian said:
How did you check the fuse? Just a visible check or did you use a multimeter? Tried cross swapping with another fuse?

Yeah, cross swopped with another fuse in the fuse panel. Not sure where the ABS unit is for me to physically check it but going to LPG place tomorrow to get my certificate so will ask what they've been upto!

ALL SORTED!!!

Because i've replaced the front battery, my wiring is a bit 'ghetto' so the lpg people must have moved something because i've rewired the front end and it works. So the ABS has 2 fuses, one inside the car and one is the cable going to the battery.

Vag.com has saved me money :) Is it worth me buying the full software and putting it on my sisters laptop? Reason I ask is the laptop is tempramental and has been known to crash and I have to reformat it to work again and I know you cannot just reinstall the software. Or should I just buy a new (cheapo) laptop and put it on that?