Turning the beeps on.

rich1068

Reaction score
'06 8P A3.

Is it possible to turn the beeps on when the car is locked and the alarm is set? Over on TS I've heard that it is but last time I dropped in at JBS they couldn't manage it. Using the latest version of VAG-COM the options (I think)were to have flash/flash-beep/none but they just couldn't enable flash-beep. My dealer is next to useless and doesn't really know but they'd like to book it in (for an hour!) to see. Obviously I'm loath to do that for what is literally a minutes work.

Any pointers chaps? Information I can pass on to JBS or if anyone is in the Sheffield area and is feeling helpful?

Richard,

I think the procedure is identical to this one but I need to check with the guys in the office tomorrow. http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html

As the business and sales guy for Ross-Tech, I am not as up on all the procedures especially on the new A3. Let me check for you and I'll get back to you.

- Bruce -

Richard,

I was wrong. The procedure is the same as the MKV Golf/Jetta. You need to have a CAN capable cable and if you use the latest release from Ross-Tech, it will give lots of help in modifying the beeps. We have Beta 606.4 on our website that can be used for this.

The information you should use can be found here:http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/Golf5.html

-Bruce-

Cheers for that. Much appreciated.

I'm at JBS tomorrow so we'll give it a go.

Tried again. No joy.

I think it's just a non-starter for my car :(

What exactly happened? Were you able to connect to the module? What version of VAG-COM did JBS use? Do they have a HEX-???+CAN interface? Without the latest version of VAG-COM and a +CAN interface, you cannot make these changes.

- Bruce -

I have turned on the beep (more like a subtle blip, very nice!) on my Sportback using the latest VAG-COM with a CAN cable, so it is definately possible. As mentioned: It only works with the official HEX-CAN cable.

I bought the official VAG-COM + cable especially for this sort of stuff. It was kinda expensive, but I would much rather pay once for the software+cable and after that be able to change whatever I want whenever I want instead of forking out 60 Euro to the dealer(bl**dy thieves!) every time I some insignificant setting changed.

Right, thanks to Bruce and synthdood. Sorry for letting this thread hang, I haven't really had time to post but I'm going to get on to Kev at JBS again armed with the new info.