No "Long Code Helper" option on module 17-instruments

Pj4388dunne

Reaction score
Hi Guys

im new new audi's but im hoping someone can help?
I have a 2004 audi a3 ive had my friend over today with his vag com, now most of the modules worked fine but when I try to go into "17-instruments" and go into "coding" there is no "long code helper" on the next screen do adjust any of the mods? most of the other modules I tried had the "long code helper" so I can adjust the mods but not "17-instruments"?
Basically I want to turn the seat belt notification on and the needle/gauge test on but I cant without the "Long Code Helper" option?

Hope you or someone can help
Cheers
Jay

Hello Jay,
As I understand it, without swapping to an S3? instrument cluster, you cant enable the sweep test with your clocks - I've been interested in it

Alex

thanks guys that clears that up then,
so alex, does that mean I need s3 clocks? are they straight swap in and out?
also Ive turned on blink confirmation on unlock & locking of the car, the indictors flash when unlock but not lock and they are both switched on for blink but it does not blink when locking for some reason?

As above, short coding or 17 instruments & needle sweep is S3/RS3 only & swapping clocks requires immo coding, mileage correction, so its not a quick/cheap fix as such.

Reactions: Pj4388dunne