Audi A4 seat occupancy coding HELP

olliebloory64

Reaction score
Hi chaps hope your all well

I have a 2005 55 Audi A4 which is a RS4 replica

When i bought it it had the airbag light on due to the seats be removed and rs4 seats being fitted

I have put resistors in the circuit to clear the Airbag fault that's FINE but still im left with the seat occupancy on the passenger side fault code which in short leaves the airbag light on .

Iv read a few threads saying VAGCOM can be used to code it out So does anyone have the expertise and i will reward them MASSIVELY

Kind regards

Ollie

Buy a genuine 'fully registered' cable from "NHN" on here or have a look on the map for people local to you. They'll be able to assist you, the map is below in my signature.

Further to the question.

YES. Very easy to do with VCDS. Go to channel 15 - airbag module, then into adaptation (can't remember if you need to login), in the drop down menu you can select the individual airbags (passenger seat) and disable them by changing the value from 1 (active) to 0 (disabled). All done, but just to warn you you'll still get a message when you start the car to tell you that the airbag has been disabled, but that will go away after a few seconds then there won't be any lights on the dashboard after that.

Here's a screenshot from a member in the US, which I don't take credit for.

airbag-deactivate.png

Hi thanks for such a quick reply

is there any other way to code it out so the airbag does not flash every startup?i would just require to code the seat occupancy sensor as thats the only issue i have as i dont have the sensor

Ollie

Hi thanks for such a quick reply

is there any other way to code it out so the airbag does not flash every startup?i would just require to code the seat occupancy sensor as thats the only issue i have as i dont have the sensor

Ollie

It might be a tuff one. You can't code the sensor i don't think, this is from other people experiences so don't take my word for it lol.

DIY-Adding a OCS to OEM Recaros or Aftermarket Racing Seats!!! - VW GTI Forum / VW Rabbit Forum / VW R32 Forum / VW Golf Forum - Golfmkv.com

What about a proper bypass module? maybe the resistor is the wrong value? have you tried the resistance on the drivers seat to check it is the same as the passenger seat?