Not enough posts..

rokape

Reaction score
Hi,

I have VCDS with a genuine cable, happy to help others but I can't add myself to the map due to not having enough posts.

Who do I need to speak to?

Thanks!

Please send me a scan of your car using your cable. I will verify this and add you to the map. :) x

Thanks. I received it. I will check it out :) x

Reactions: rokape
I also have VCDS with a genuine cable and more than happy to help others.

Reactions: Sandra
I also have VCDS with a genuine cable and more than happy to help others.

Pm me a scan of your car and i will verify your cable and add you to vcds map. :) x

Its been discussed with Adam & Rob and that's how adam wants it, this has been the norm for a long time now. ASN can't be responsible for advertising dodgy cables used on peoples cars, we do have a responsibility to a degree to protect people from potentially harmful cables, this is the best we can do.

What a daft idea. This removes anyone that perhaps has the knowledge and the willingness to help and an old working cable. Please remove me from the map immediately.

Reactions: a6_chris and ScottD3
No problem, I'll do it later or tomorrow.

I can see both sides.

But I have a genuine cable, bought from NHN, tried twice in the last 2 years to get added to the map under the previous system, once under the new system, never heard squat, never got added, gave up trying.

In the meantime if someone in the area needs help I've either replied in the thread, or PM'd them. Helped out quite a few members this way with their needs in 2 years.

Happy not to be on the map having tried and failed, if I find it cumbersome then it must be putting a few others off too. But I can see the original intent of this new system. It just didn't work for me.

Edit:
PS the scan of my car is on the Ross Tech forum, where I'm a verified member -verified by them tracking my registration details :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry mate, but I added you myself a long time ago, I will check the map later to see what's occurred, as this isn't the 1st time a member was added but the map didn't update, apologies for the **** up.

Reactions: veeeight
Ok PM me your details, as in town/village & I'll put you on later, I don't know why it didn't update, but I'll sort it for you :)

I have a genuine VCDS cable and would like to be added to the map, but I also don't have enough post......:(

Cheers Dan

I have a genuine VCDS cable and would like to be added to the map, but I also don't have enough post......:(

Cheers Dan

I will get admin to check out the settings as there is not suppose to be any post count limitations :) x

Reactions: dandav1985
I'm getting my genuine vcds lead tomorrow of tim hopefully