B8 Halogen headlights DRL mod needed

mrtn

Reaction score
Hi all

I am trying to enable 'side markers' lights on my halogen headlights when dipped beam is on. As you can see from enclosed photos the DRL strip on halogen lights is made of two parts - the left 'side marker light' and right part DRL part. During the day both parts are on as a DRL strip. However, when dipped beam is on only the right side of the strip works. I think it would look better if both parts were on and looking for a mod in VCDS. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried all options which mention DRL/side markers to no avail.

Photo 12 03 2014 19 02 02

Photo 12 03 2014 19 05 50

Reactions: jamin128
How strange, I was litrally about to post the same question ... I will keep an eye on this thread :)

Last edited:
Right, I have managed to get it to work and it looks soo much better!!! I take absolutely no credit for it as the solution was posted by DavidB8 on Audizine forums:

[09 – Cent. Elect.] -> [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 3 Bit 6 - Change 0 to 1

Right, I have managed to get it to work and it looks soo much better!!! I take absolutely no credit for it as the solution was posted by DavidB8 on Audizine forums:

I can't find bit 6, help!!!!

Can anyone take a screen shot of what the binary code should be ...... Please!!!!!

This is a screenshot of mine:
2014 03 20 214014

Attachments

• 20140320_203936.jpg
    20140320_203936.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 252
Thought you might have got them from Trups, didn't realise your in the USA!!!!

The Bit 6 seems to be changed correctly. That is the only change I made to make mine to work. I'm in Cardiff UK :)

Anyway, check the link below for full description (it's post no 16):

code for halogen drl

Unfortunately I am not able to check my settings at the moment so you have to keep trying. I should be able to check it for you after the weekend if that's of any use.

Ha ha, i thought the link you posted above for the LED DRL's was American Ebay!!!
Still, Cardiff is close enough!!!!

Cheers for your help, I will let you know if I get them working :)