Vagcom errors!

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
Got these errors on vagcom today.

Anyone got any ideas as to what is wrong?

16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): ****** Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)
P0011 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

01367 - Central Locking Pump Run Time Exceeded (Likely Leak)
35-00 - -

Also did some MAF measurements and looks like my MAF is shot! Could only muster 188 g/s and a few months ago could get 194 g/s.

Looks like a trip to the dealers for a new MAF!

Anyone got any ideas on the above errors?

Thanks
Rich.

Maybe the other fault is causing the low MAF reading before you go replacing that... just a thought, i've got no idea what it is though - maybe worth posting in the A3/S3 section as I don't think many people venture this far down the list?

I'l be trying a new maf later this week so I'll be able to tell soon.

I've cleared the other faults and will check again in a few weeks. Hopefully they won't re-appear!

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe the other fault is causing the low MAF reading before you go replacing that... just a thought, i've got no idea what it is though - maybe worth posting in the A3/S3 section as I don't think many people venture this far down the list?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd probably say it would be the other way around.. The only job the MAF does is give a reading of how much air is flowing over it.

Best re-clear the DTC's once the MAF's replaced and then see.

Right... Did some more runs tonight and was still logging around 180 - 185 g/s consistently. Changed the MAF and whoohoo - 220 g/s!

Much better!

And the other faults have not come back so fingers crossed!

Dicky

I haven't done logging for ages... what blocks did you use for the MAF?

[ QUOTE ]
Dicky

I haven't done logging for ages... what blocks did you use for the MAF?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to monitor measuring block 003 under the Engine controller.

Is yours chipped? If so you should be getting around 210 - 220 g/s.

Remember to drive it to the red line. 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear runs up to around 6500 rpm.

Let us know how you get on...

Will give it a go tomorrow and let you know!

Does anyone have a comprehensive list if codes, measuring blocks etc for VAG-COM? Someone must have info somewhere.

I've been helping a friend re-code his Audi A4 (B7) after he's retro-fitted an Audi satnav systems (RNS-E). Codes just seem to appear on the web/forums. Someone, somewhere must have a list of measuring block for each module and what the softcodes relate to?

Grant

dicky, can you remember if replacing the MAF resolved this one?

I have:

16395 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): ****** Setpoint not Reached (Over-Advanced)
P0011 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

logged now too.... :D

Sebastian said:

nope! but thanks! I now have 3 more things to add to the list of possibilities! Others include cam position sensor, cam tensioner solenoid, camchain tensioner.. i think the list is really endless... as usual.

I've cleared it for now and i'll see if it comes back in a week or so. People who have problems also associated with the fault report a diesel like tickover and running - i have none of that, nor do i have any loss of power. I only scanned for faults as its going in for a cambelt next week and wanted to make sure they didnt pull the wool over my eyes ;) Its an intermittant DTC too which doesnt really help. With any luck it's a one off.

Just incase the fault comes back. The central locking is activated by compressed air as opposed to servos like some cars.

If you get that error again, its because there is a leak in the air line somewhere....

Worst case is it not opening/locking somthing when you press the button.

I personally don't think the Camshaft prob is MAF related, its to do with the timing. I was going to say have you had the cam belt changed lately.

If its 1 tooth out on the belt, it might give you that error. Its worth bringing up when it goes in for that.