VCDS and DPF

A5sprint

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a way of checking the current soot load level of the DPF using VCDS? I have looked on the Ross-Tech site and searched on here but can't find how to check this, only how to do a regen.

I would like to periodically see what the level is before any problems arise.

Login to the ECU and select Advanced measuring blocks. There are about several hundred possible measurents available, there are calculated soot loads and actual differential pressure readings that give you an indication of the state of the DPF. Also counters that tell you how many Km the car has done since the last regen etc.

Karl.

Login to the ECU and select Advanced measuring blocks. There are about several hundred possible measurents available, there are calculated soot loads and actual differential pressure readings that give you an indication of the state of the DPF. Also counters that tell you how many Km the car has done since the last regen etc.

Karl.
Thanks for that Karl, I'll check that out.

Hi,
If you look at the Ross Tech site on the DPF regen page all the info is there, it states that the DPF soot level is shown on MVB 075 box 3.
Though my specific engine code was not listed on the DPF site I looked at the MVBs and they were right for my engine as well.