Browsing the coding options in VCDS

RS5UK

Reaction score
I've been browsing the controller codings with VCDS and noticed a few anomalies I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on?

In controller 02 - Auto Transmission I note that Byte 1 Bit 4 in mine (Steering Wheel TipTronic Buttons Installed) is not checked but they are installed and fully functional. Any ideas why the Bit is not selected?

In controller 10 - Park / Steer Assist Byte 1 Bit 4-7 00Variant:Left hand drive is selected even though it's RHD. Again, any ideas why this would be the case?

Thanks

Yeah it's genuine, purchased from Gendan. I hadn't considered that it could be a bug. I'll contact Ross-tech and let you know what they say.

Well, I've been on to Ross-Tech and they've asked for a scan which I've sent so I'm waiting on another reply. Update to follow.

One thing they did sort for me though was a connection issue I was having because I ran win 7 through VMWare Fusion on a mac (try to avoid doing this if you can as the system becomes too slow). I've now switched to my Windows laptop and connection is no longer an issue.

I often get things like this. Ill have to bombard them with emails! Generally if the coding appears wrong but the function works as it should i leave it as it is.