Car wont start - anyone to scan ASAP? (Manchester, M40)

wrightyrx7

Reaction score
Hi there,

Car wont start again!! Second time car car has frozen this year. Second time the dash gets no power.

Last time by the time i had finished work and got home it started fine. Which makes me 99% sure its the weather causing this problem.

I am aware that the fault need to be there for its to be picked up. What i dont want is later the car the defrost and the error go away.

Is anyone available to come to me Manchester, M40.

Will pay of course.

Cheers Sandra, I have spoke with N8 before, but my car wont start until defrosted :O (i hope)

My worry is that there will be no fault when the car is up and running (when defrosted)

Cheers Sandra, I have spoke with N8 before, but my car wont start until defrosted :O (i hope)

My worry is that there will be no fault when the car is up and running (when defrosted)

Click on his Kowalski link and you will get his mobile number, maybe he will come to you. :) x

Hi Sandra,

Spoke with N8 he is going to scan it if he gets time this afternoon. You know of anyone else i can try as back-up because I only have today free because i couldnt get to work this morning.

The car is starting now its defrosted :/ apparently the errors are recorded so will be able to find out what the problem was. Apparntly

Give me a few minutes and i will check. :) x

Im in bolton EARLY on friday. if you have this problem still come friday pm your number and ill pop round. ill be limited on time though.

Hi all,

Aidy06 kindly scanned my car. Thanks for all your help.

Still didnt find out the issue :(

I have made a video, incase it helps shed light on my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Aidy06 kindly scanned my car. Thanks for all your help.

Still didnt find out the issue :(

I have made a video, incase it helps shed light on my problem.

Has it happened again Chris? Could try and scan it again and see what it finds? I cleared all faults the other day so whatever shows up now if anything will be related

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Aidy,

No I forgot I had recorded this video the other day (as back-up, because I'm sure my boss thinks I was lying to get a day off work haha)

So its not happened again *yet* but waiting on the next frosty night.

Cluster fault. Do you want me to help you out in the morning?
I can swap a set of clocks into your car to confirm or prove myself wrong!! :D

Im 99% certain. I have spare clocks and tools to swap them, and to temporarily disable the immo. One way or the other i would be able to conclusively confirm or rule it out.

Were there any errors on the original log relating to key low signal or internal ecu errors?

There were no errors except one with the alarm. Aidy said its something to do with the horn not sounding when the alarm is going off. Which i can confirm, when the alarm goes off it beeps and the horn doesnt sound.

Im 99% certain. I have spare clocks and tools to swap them, and to temporarily disable the immo. One way or the other i would be able to conclusively confirm or rule it out.

Were there any errors on the original log relating to key low signal or internal ecu errors?

No mate, nothing of the kind. Just a backup horn fault, which as Chris said above is to do with the alarm

There were no errors except one with the alarm. Aidy said its something to do with the horn not sounding when the alarm is going off. Which i can confirm, when the alarm goes off it beeps and the horn doesnt sound.

You'll have to let me know if it happens again mate and if I'm about I'll get over to you and try and find the cause

You'll have to let me know if it happens again mate and if I'm about I'll get over to you and try and find the cause

I will do mate, but both times its happened has been on a weekday. Next time it happens you will probably be on your way to work while im ripping my hair out in my garden :uhm: