Scan: 01,02,03,08,15,17,25,35,45,55,56

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine
Controller: 8D0 907 558 DA
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT MOTR HS D01
Coding: 04201
Shop #: WSC 06325
1 Fault Found:
01247 - Activated Charcoal Filter (EVAP) System Solenoid Valve 1 (N80)
26-10 - Output Open - Intermittent
Readiness: N/A

****** annoying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

It doesn't seem to make any difference to anything but it won't go away. I've looked for a possible cause but can't find anything and every time I clear the fault it comes back. I know it will keep coming back until I find the cause of the fault but I'm stumped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers

Tim

not being an ****, but have you replaced the solenoid (N80)?

lol

Not replaced it, no. I'm not entirely sure where it is although I suspect it's rear left of engine bay as you look at it as that's where the clicking comes from when it activates...

I simply wondered if anyone has come across this fault before and whether or not it would actually be necessary to replace the solenoid or whether there may be another cause etc.

Like I said, it isn't actually causing me a problem, at least I don't think it is...

I do have a slight problem with starting the car, takes quite a few turns of the engine before it will fire. It started a few weeks ago and hasn't gone away even though I cleared a few DTCs recently. Seems to come and go actually... some days it will fire fine then others it will turn over at least 5 or 6 times before firing. I also have the exclamation mark which signifies a brake fault come on sometimes but again, there is no fault with the brakes or the ABS in VAG-COM!

If it's the electrical connector I think it is, then the car runs the same whether it is disconnected or not.

If I have time later I'm going to have a poke around with various bits and pieces to see if I can trace the fault (faults!).

Cheers

Tim