coding my S3 that had adaptive bi-xenons to std bi-xenons

pablo

Reaction score
Ok so I bought an S3 during the week that has ADAPTIVE LIGHT DEFECTIVE error on the dash (circle with arrow in top right and little light rays on left). After messing around a fair bit I get this error in VCDS:

Address 55: Xenon Range Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl
Part No SW: 4F0 910 357 F HW: 4F0 907 357 F
Component: AFS 1 H01 0020
Revision: 00000001 Serial number:
Coding: 0000020
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 29538C00FCDD

Part No: NOSUBSYSTEM
Component: AFS-Modul links

Part No: NOSUBSYSTEM
Component: AFS-Modul rechts

1 Fault Found:
02071 - Local Databus
004 - No Signal/Communication - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 11100100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 3
Reset counter: 98
Mileage: 110088 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2013.09.26
Time: 08:23:54

As the car is a CAT D with frontal impact I then thought to see if the adaptive bi-xenons that should be in the car were replaced with regular bi-xenons. I checked the part number of the headlight and its:

8P0 941 004 AA

So Im pretty sure that this is the case. The lights work fine but dont move up and down with ign on. IN VCDS it wont allow me to adjust them or do any of the output tests.

So the Question is can I fix this via coding? Im happy not to have the adaptiveness (so Ill not be buying new lights) all I need is the damn flashing light off the dash! I tried pulling fuses 5&6 (for adaptive lights) but made no difference.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks guys.

Coding cant fix this, its hardware or/& wiring, you can either put adaptive headlights on the car or convert it to standard bixenons with wiring adaptions & the correct levelling controller.

I have a set of adaptives for sale if interested.

Last edited:
pm me a price for each will you mate?

will the controller be a straight swap? current controller has a blue plug on the wiring harness.

thanks

as a slight diversion to this could it be possible to remove the Xenon Range control module, code it out of the central electronics module and basically have no levelling?

I tried the above and the module drops out of the installed list. BUT I still get the adaptive light defective error. So I cant tell how the car knows there should be adaptive lights.

I realise not having levelling function isnt ideal but it would do as a temp measure until I get a more long term solution.

Also would anyone have wiring diagrams for both range modules so I can consider rewiring my adaptive one to non adaptive one?

cheers.

If the module is still connected to the car, it will potentially see this even if not coded on the network & throw the errors.

I'm thinking disconnect the module under the dash and try to code it out.

Ive admitted defeat and ordered 2 new adaptive headlights. Might as well have them if the wiring and modules are all there for them.

Ill sell on the regular bi-xenons just and hopefully recoup some of my losses :)

Fella I have adaptives for sale, give me a chance to reply lol.

Just remember it needs specific modules on bottom of headlights aswell, the bixenons modules are not the same for adaptives.

I had to order them today to get them on offer mate sorry.

out of interest how much were you looking?

please dont say like £200 or something :p

these are supposedly complete, so lamps/ballasts/bulbs etc.

was kidding!!!

If they do turn out to be missing the ballasts etc then they will be getting returned so I may be in touch yet.