Auto lock disable

Aidy06

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Can I disable the auto lock feature on my A3 using VCDS? The one where after a certain while the car locks automatically if you don't lock it manually? Thanks

Check in 09 or 46 for auto lock 15kmh.

was the baby driving ?
as it dont lock till your doing above 1o mph

was the baby driving ?
as it dont lock till your doing above 1o mph

I think we are talking about different auto locks, when she parked up and got out of the car her phone rang so she answered it and left the keys on the seat and closed the door as it was raining. The car locked itself after around 30 seconds she said, I've tried it with my car - got out car and didn't lock the doors, stood there for a while and the car locked itself. This is the auto lock I'm talking about

only auto lock i know of is

if you unlock the car and dont open a door then it locks itself after so long

then the one where you drive away and it locks above 10mph

only auto lock i know of is

if you unlock the car and dont open a door then it locks itself after so long

then the one where you drive away and it locks above 10mph

Well there's another one where the car locks itself if you don't lock it manually after a certain amount of time, just can't see an option in VCDS. May not even be changeable

out of all the audis iv owned and used and thats 30+ new to old

not one has ever locked in this way
iv got a 2010 black edition on the drive i put my work bag in it 45 mins ago and didnt lock the car just been back out and its still unlocked

so only settings in vcds to stop auto locking is the one for locking above 15kph

It does auto lock tbh bez, mine does it :)

i just thought id try it on the 10 plate it didnt lock and looked through vcds

couldnt find a thing only the 15 kph

iv got all 3 open now to see thats a 55 plate the 10 plate and the b8
gona check them when i go to work at 1030

only locked if i didnt open a door

My Wifes mk4 Golf auto locks again if you open door and close it without turning ignition on.

The label files for 8P's may not be correct or complete as I've asked RT to check this, when I had issues with a module.

Solution is to decode the option with vcds.

My Wifes mk4 Golf auto locks again if you open door and close it without turning ignition on.

In this case I can say for sure that this is actually a fault. Yes the MK4 Golf will auto lock if you unlock it and don't touch it, it will lock itself again. However if you open a door it should cancel the auto lock if behaving normally, to attempt to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. If it still auto locks after you've opened and closed a door its because your car has a faulty door lock module, its a very common fault as these cars are 13+ years old and the module's are prone to dry solder joints..

In this case I can say for sure that this is actually a fault. Yes the MK4 Golf will auto lock if you unlock it and don't touch it, it will lock itself again. However if you open a door it should cancel the auto lock if behaving normally, to attempt to prevent you from locking your keys in the car. If it still auto locks after you've opened and closed a door its because your car has a faulty door lock module, its a very common fault as these cars are 13+ years old and the module's are prone to dry solder joints..
But how to physically turn this feature off completely? must be a coding within a ecu that can be changed/edit/adjusted to stop this feature?

You can code out the anti hi-jack auto locking that locks after a certain speed, but I've never tried to code out the auto lock for when you lock the car but don't open any door.

You can code out the anti hi-jack auto locking that locks after a certain speed, but I've never tried to code out the auto lock for when you lock the car but don't open any door.

That should "when you UNlock the car but don't open any door" :)