A3 8L Concert 2 > DIS Coding?

Mr.P

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have installed a concert 2 radio and DIS car is a A3 8L 2002 model

(previously had chorus 2 and non-dis dash)

The DIS dash has been coded at the dealers so it starts the car and I have added the wires at the correct positions on the grey 32 pin connector.

There are 2 Can (infotainment) wires which go from 5,6 on the grey dash plug to pins 7,12 on black connector on the radio, I have wired these according to elsa's wiring diagrams for DIS.

The Radio will not turn on/off with the ignition and doesn't it light up with the sidelights/headlights on and I do not get any Radio information on the DIS screen!

The Concert 2 radio I have installed is an Audi Exchange unit with the 8L0 specific part number, this worked perfectly before I had the DIS installed, came on/off with the ignition and illuminated.

I have tried the Chorus 2 radio which was previously fitted from factory and it has the same problem.

Am I right in believing that this is a CanBus coding issue between the Radio and the Dash like with RNS-E's?

Unfortunately there seems to be a lack of threads on DIS retrofitting on the 8L A3 :sorry:

Someone please help me!

Cheers, Rich.

I would have thought audi would have sorted this when fitting your dash? If they took the retrofit on they should have done all aspects of it imo