Audi A3 8V Passenger Mirror Reversing Dip

frazzeld

Reaction score
I called in at the Audi dealership to ask about the passenger mirror dip when the car is put in reverse....they said its only available with the folding mirror package

Has anyone managed to succesfully code the reversing mirror dip on the 8V? found a link on youtube

stemei.de .VCDS Codierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - Beifahrerspiegelabsenkung - VCDS Codierungen, Webdesign

You are here: Coding> Audi A3 8V> passenger mirror reduction
Passenger mirror reduction in reverse

In the front passenger door control unit, you have the option of the Audi A3 8V to activate the passenger mirror reduction. Thus, it is automatically lowered when reverse gear is selected and the mirror on the passenger side mirror of the passenger side.

The following coding is used:

Select STG 52 (Türelektr. Pass.)
Long STG coding -> function 07
Byte 04
Enable bit 2
Enable bit 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Has anyone tried this yet?

I pick up my ex-demo car tomorrow and it hasn't got folding mirrors :(.

I wonder if you can tell the car that you have power folding mirrors (when you don't) and this will work. I'll try tomorrow and see if it works (hoping) as I didn't get my non-folding mirrors to work.

I wonder if you can tell the car that you have power folding mirrors (when you don't) and this will work. I'll try tomorrow and see if it works (hoping) as I didn't get my non-folding mirrors to work.

I've got the standard wing mirrors and I've done this on my car. You have to set this in VCDS but also switch to the passenger mirror and set the angle of which you want the passenger mirror. The car needs to learn the angle and it should work.

I've got the standard wing mirrors and I've done this on my car. You have to set this in VCDS but also switch to the passenger mirror and set the angle of which you want the passenger mirror. The car needs to learn the angle and it should work.

How do you do this? I noticed that there was a 90% already set, however I didn't know how to make the mirror learn. Can you tell me the steps? Thanks in advance!