Enabling Touring mode in the Exterior lighting menu

rovervampire

Reaction score
I have successfully enabled and disabled the touring mode with vcds to do the headlamp conversion. However by using the hidden menu I also found that the Exterior lighting menu can be changed. The current number is 5 and three items appear in my menu. If I increase the number do you think I will be able to enable the Touring mode menu to appear within my exterior lighting menu. I hope I make sense.

Without advising us of the car it doesn't help allot.

My car is Audi Q7 3tdi sline with mmi 3g. 2010 model. I tried changing the number from 5 to 6 under exterior lighting - carmenuoperation in hidden menu. The whole "exterior lighting" menu disappeared. I was able to bring it back be changing the number to 5. So which number will enable the "touring mode" option?

I am trying to enable this option so that I can use this feature before leaving the ferry or the tunnel between France and UK instead of using the laptop and VCDS every time. Please help. Anyone?

I will have to power my laptop from the car while working with vcds. Is there a major risk of shorting the circuits if i do this?

If you to into your program directory there is a text file in the Debug folder where it shows you the changes made.

In hind sight, don't fiddle with things if you don't know what you're doing.

It only takes less than 2 minutes to change it with vcds.