Brake wear sensors?

Nope... all the sensors are is a short circuit... the sensors is one wire dobled back on itself, so when the pads wear down and get to the sensors, the disc eventually wears through the wire, which brings on the light...So its really not a sensor...

RIch

Pretty much, yes. When the warning light comes in, its probably about time to replace them.

Rich

Is it possible to reset the dash lamp in this case to give the impression that pads are ok? or will it keep on coming up?

I have an dealer inspection tomorrow to check various things I dont trust indepentant dealer on

Are there sensors in the front AND rear pads? I've had the light come on for the front pads, but the back pads were still ok when I had new fronts put on. Will the warning light come on when the rear pads get worn, which will probably be before the fronts are worn now?

Why would you want to reset the display?

You can recode the dash to ignore the sensors via vagcom, but I don't see why you would want to do this.

I dont want to do it...I just suspect that the independant that I bought the car from has done it to try and avoid an expensive warrantly replacement of pads and brake disks...hence the visit to the dealer to check it out...I just wanted to know if it was possible to mask the need for pad replacement...

Thats good to know..always better to have as much info as possible when talking with the dealers. Just hope this isnt the case here, there'll be trouble if so!

Cheers

I seriously doubt that brake pads would be covered under a warranty though as they are considered wear and tear items....