Voiding a Warranty / Notifying Insurance Providers?

selar

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been answered elsewhere a hundred times before, but if it has then the answer is proving surprisingly elusive in the forum search :)

Does activating extra options invalidate your warranty with Audi? Is it always black and white? Do the service departments see it so often and for such minor things that a warranty would only be invalidated if the fault is directly related to the option you activated?

Has anyone got experience of insurance companies getting picky about being notified?

The kind of things I'm thinking about getting done are the needle sweep and the auto-dipping kerbside reverse mirror, but I won't risk it if there's chance that Audi would turn away my 1-week old A3 if the engine fails to start just because I've played with some minor things.

They wouldn't invalidate any warranty if anything was coded to the existing parts fitted, also they would only refuse warranty (possibly, said loosely) on additional parts added that wernt fitted from factory, like folding mirrors, nav etc, but I've known audi to overlook somethings like remaps etc so I wouldn't worry about the warranty side of things, as common sense prevails.

I've even known a tuned monster to have engine parts covered lol.

Insurance companies wouldnt invalidate on coding things, they usually wouldn't on retrofits tbh as as long as its within the audi parts brand as such or eg aftermarket head unit covered by value stated, its not usually an issue, now remaps, wheels & bodykits they do like to know of tbh, so that's upto you to advise.

Reactions: mah006