vag can some one put it in simple terms for me

• Thread starter imported_my_audi_is_brok
  • Start date
I

imported_my_audi_is_brok

hi all i have been looking about on ebay and seen a lot of vag stuff and wondered what the hell it dose how it works and if i can use it? i know nothing about it as all i have lernt i have lernt from tractors and playing about with audi's. right no from what i can guess vag is a bit like the system we use on mates race car (we run a motec m800 ) and if my guess are correct it is very simla to the motec system. the motec is a ecu in my mates GT car that controls everthing and when ever the car breaks (so far ever race ) the engine builder pluges in his laptop and say it is dead. now what i want to know if vag like this is it a Diagnostic softwear that you just plug in to the ecu and it tells you all your problems ? and if that is what it is will it work on my cars ( audi 100 2.8 v6 quattro x2 and a audi a4 2.8 v6 quattro) if it is a wonderful progam that solves all my probs could some one tell me how it works and how i can get hold of it as the only place i have seen it for sale is ebay and i guess it is dodgy. please help as this new fangled stuff really confuses me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif am am only used to my tractors lol

cheers mike