cannot get VCDS to change steering weight on 2007 A3

dougiea3

Reaction score
Hi guys,..
I have only recently purchased a 2007 A3 2.0 TDI Sport,.. however, I find the steering a bit on the heavy side,. especially as the wheel does not return to streight ahead fast enough, and needs a bit of help on a tight corner !

I have access to my mates VCDS, and from instructions found here,. I went into 44 steer assist, Adaptation10, but when I select channel 01,. it is not found, and comes up with "error channel 01 not available"

Can anyone give me assistance / info for this.

Also,. whilst i'm on a roll ,. I would also like to disable the warning light for Passenger airbag is on,. and 1 more,. can the clutch pedal has be pushed to start function be disabled ?

Would appreciate any help you guys can give me !

Its not supported on all A3's only a subset of years, so you may not find the setting available.

The question should be, why is the passenger airbag light on 1st, before worrying about disabling.

The clutch option is a safety feature, there maybe an adaptation channel to disable, but I don't know of this atm.

If its a genuine interface he's using, then contact ross-tech for further assistance.

NHN;1817249]Its not supported on all A3's only a subset of years, so you may not find the setting available.

The question should be, why is the passenger airbag light on 1st, before worrying about disabling.

The clutch option is a safety feature, there maybe an adaptation channel to disable, but I don't know of this atm.

If its a genuine interface he's using, then contact ross-tech for further assistance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response,.. I, tried searching, but can,t find any info on whether its doable or not :)
You misunderstand me, the passenger airbag light is not on,. Its the text on the display on startup that advises pass airbag is switched on, this is what I would like to extinguish !
Will maybe just short out the lower switch on the clutch pedal then,.. i see sevearal people asking this, but no formal solution.
As far as I am aware, its a genuine set up !
Cheers!

I wouldn't short out anything, if you have an accident & they see you've modded this system, your claim etc will be void possibly, just accept the warnings, its only there for seconds so cant see the issue.