Pls help with 2 fault codes!

.Jas.

Reaction score
I have had a scan done and the following 2 codes showed up.

They appear to be fan related, although I've never seen the car go past halfway on the temp gauge. Any opinions on how to fix them are welcome...Cheers

06471 - Control Module 2 for Cooling Fan
P1947 - 001 - Over-Temp
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100001
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 39
Mileage: 179933 km
Time Indication: 0
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 798 /min
Torque: 97.5 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Duty Cycle: 13.8 %

001683 - Fan 2 Control Circuit
P0693 - 001 - Short to GND - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100001
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 68
Mileage: 179933 km
Time Indication: 0
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 0 /min
Torque: 0.0 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Duty Cycle: 9.9 %
Voltage: 12.01 V

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there more then? I'll get back to him and ask for it all if there's more

Show the full log please.

What's wrong with the two fault codes?
They show the fault codes, the log won't show any more apart from part numbers and version number.

Looks like a cabling fault.
Have you checked the plug and cables?
Do the fans work?

Thanks Scott. I'll look tomorrow (at the plug & cables), but are there 2 fans? I know for sure 1 of them is working as I can hear it now and again.

BTW, I have a 3.0L V6 TDI

Well where do I start, well he hasnt given us any info about the car, what year, what chassis, what engine, what gearbox, etc etc, do I really need to go on???

Some cars have known problems related to these codes, some dont, so to advise more precisely we need more info, thought that would be obvious tbh.

Always provide a full log of the car if you're asking for help aswell as the car info.

Well where do I start, well he hasnt given us any info about the car, what year, what chassis, what engine, what gearbox, etc etc, do I really need to go on???

Some cars have known problems related to these codes, some dont, so to advise more precisely we need more info, thought that would be obvious tbh.

Always provide a full log of the car if you're asking for help aswell as the car info.

Car details is a must, true and he finally posted them.

Any other faults with in the logs could be usefully but that single line on its own about posting more winds me up.
It reads like your wanting segregate people if it's not a gen version, that might not be the case and just me reading more in to it. :thumbsup:

I can easily expand:

3.0L V6 TDI Jan 2007 B7 Chassis Auto gearbox No DPF 111k miles

but that single line on its own about posting more winds me up.
It reads like your wanting segregate people if it's not a gen version, that might not be the case and just me reading more in to it. :thumbsup:

Keep it on topic Scott.

Cheers Scott, thanks for your help. I'll report back later... :)

A couple of wiring invest thoughts, applicable to most sensor/loom combination faults......

A short to ground suggests a short to ground - a connector full of fluid or chaffed loom would cause this
An overtemp (or 'High' or 'Low' fault) in combination with the above suggests a connector needs cleaning, or a loom has chaffed (causing a short/open circuit) on the temp (or whatever) sensing line.

Both of the above could also be caused by breakdown of the module, assuming it's common to both, although I would have expected a module fault code.
They may also be caused by a breakdown of the temp sensor (short/open circuit causing high reading and short to ground fault)

The op originally posted a full log but NHN edited it and asked for a full log purely to wind up scott!!! hahahahaha
The evidence:
The original post was edited:
Last edited by NHN; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:16.

Then NHN reply to this post also 2 weeks ago:
Show the full log please

And then scottb5 gets upset!
Originally Posted by ScottB5 but that single line on its own about posting more winds me up.

I daresay i will be edited out now too lol... but hey it breaks up the day :p

I'm afraid you're wrong on all counts, nothing was removed from his log at all, he didnt post a full log, he posted up the 2 logs in a table, which I copied & added to his 1st post & the OP was made aware via PM which he acknowledged.

So rather a pointless friction causing post IMHO.

The op originally posted a full log but NHN edited it and asked for a full log purely to wind up scott!!! hahahahaha
The evidence:
The original post was edited:

Then NHN reply to this post also 2 weeks ago:

And then scottb5 gets upset!

I daresay i will be edited out now too lol... but hey it breaks up the day :p

Tut tut Tom, please find some other way to break up your day please.