New TT Owner With Problems need VAGCOM scan to my car plz

yummymummy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, so I finally decided to buy an Audi TT, thought I should get an oldish one for now, just to see how I like driving them and overall quite happy. Although Ive now had a few lights come on the dash and not sure what they are? Is anyone able to help at all so that I can avoid being ripped off by audi dealers. If there was anyone local (Romford) who could come or I can go to them and do a diagnostic as a good will gesture I would be really appreciative and also advise me of what to look for in the car. As the seller was very dishonest now im suffering from it. Hope someone can help.

Thank you ( " ; )

9994d1358337206-new-tt-owner-problems-tt.jpg
The roof is securely closed but the signs on?

Where are you located? :) x

hes in essex

hes in essex

Lee, you know what my geography is like, lol. Romford is not a place im familiar with, i needed a bit more info, btw, you can stop laughing now. :) x

I wont be back in that area until next week now, maybe someone else closer can assist.

Aww such kind people trying to help me out thank you! If anyone's near brentwood, romford or I can pop to you locally Lakeside way?

Doesn't look like the engine is running in this pic? If this is the case, the lights should go out when the engine is started.

Doesn't look like the engine is running in this pic? If this is the case, the lights should go out when the engine is started.

your right the engine is not running :angrymod: but these are the light which stay on when the engine is running :doctor:

Does it feel hesitant when you drive it? Or do the revs fluctuate? The EPC light might be crank position sensor.

The traction control light could be ABS sensors - I've just changed one front and one rear (and the wiring to the front) as that was causing the ABS light and traction control light to come on. Bought the sensors from eBay for £5 rear and £8 for two fronts.

The roof might just need a new switch as it's not picking up that it's closed.

VCDS Lite cable is £17 delivered from eBay and you get a good amount of codes but you need to register it which costs £60 I think. I just Google the code numbers that aren't shown. It's a handy cable to have even just to point a garage in the right direction.

Don't feel disheartened by a bad seller. A few fixes and you've got the car you wanted. A service wouldn't go amiss either if the previous owner hasn't taken car of it. New oil and oil filter as a minimum. And clean that dead skin off the dash ;)

It wont tell you whats wrong with your car, it merely gives you some possible areas to check, some errors can be brought on by other issues, so beware you research & check properly before condemning a part.

It wont tell you whats wrong with your car, it merely gives you some possible areas to check, some errors can be brought on by other issues, so beware you research & check properly before condemning a part.

what do u charge for a full copy of vagcom m8 i have the lite version and can do most thing's i only need the disk ?

You dont buy the software, vcds lite will never have the same access as the proper system, you need to upgrade your cable to the hex-can-usb of which I sell, which allows the full software to be used without restriction, pm for a price.