coding a new fuel pump to my car

gtiboy

Reaction score
Hi would anyone out there have information on how to code my new fuel pump to my car ?
Audi a6 c5 2.5tdi quattro.
I am in the process of repalcing the pump jut need to know how to code it to the car once installed.
Thanks in advance.

I have asked RT to see if they can add input, but I wasnt under impression it needed coding, just swapout for most cars with a possibility of bleeding.

Ok had a reply from Dana@RT who is most helpful :) so thanks to RT yet again.

We didn't use those V6 TDI engines on this side of the pond but providing he/she has the engine PIN these instructions normally apply :

Immobilizer III Injection Pump Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki

If this is the 4F chassis with KESSY module, rather than A4 and 4B chassis A6 models, those instructions may not apply. Ask the OP to either paste the complete scan with VIN in forum or contact us directly with the scan if needed.

On the B6 audi and every other v6 tdi from 2002 on the pumps are codded so they contain an extra immobiliser which require pin code from the immobiliser in order to make it work. The procedure is fairly involved and the instrument clusters being Bosch rb4 are quite a pain to read the pin from. The immo 3 pin code is encripted which makes it quite difficult to read even with aftermarket tools. I have used few 3rd party immo readers and managed to brick a few clocks in the past ! Thread carefully !

I have read the Immobilizer III Injection Pump Swapping - Ross-Tech Wiki article, but I cannot understand where the various PINs come from.

It talks about the IMMO-ID being the second 14-digit string in the extra fireld which I have, but then goes on to talk about 2 PINS one to Login to the ECU coding and one to programme in. Where do these come from?

Thanks

You need to read it from the old and new car, the old pump is matched to the old car and as such you need to transfer all the VIN info from the ECU/instrument cluster to the pump EDC module. Where about's are you based ? If not too far from N. London then i could help...

i there:
i have the same probleme with my car; a4 2.5 tdi v6 2004, "immobiliser stop the engine start" "no comunication with the pump" this is the message ins vcds diagnostics. my mechanic try to coded the pump but she dosent acept the code. e follow the instrucions in vcds everething looks fine, but when is resart/start the car goes back like was before. frustrated situacion, car have been in garage for 5 months at moment. Someone can help?